Tuesday, January 20, 2009

when all else fails - - - resume breathing

MISSING
adj.
    1. Not present; absent.
    2. Lost: a missing person; soldiers missing in action.
  1. Lacking; wanting: Koreann is missing the love of her life.
What else is there to say?

So this is what the 'real world' feels like.
A swift kick to the stomach, and the wind comes rolling off my tongue with not a single good-bye but a simple pause, and then a whisper of, "I'll be back."

And I left on horrible terms, because I am my own enemy - who I have failed - countlessly - to eliminate in this battle I call a relationship.

I never knew responsibility like this.
I never knew trust.
I never knew ambiguity.
I never knew what to think much less put into action.

So that's all that has been occupying my mind the last two weeks.
What need is there in doubting for a single second that I don't have the best life I could be leading at this moment? I have everything.
I don't need money. I don't need excuses. I don't need false alarms.
I have my heart, and it's speaking clearly to me now. I have years ahead of me, I have a future, I have a dream, and I have smiles to get me through the dark days. I wouldn't trade my life, my family, my friends, my boyfriend for all of the world, and a thousand like it.
Never.

I just hope I can redeem myself for the things that I say and do that I only mean with the best of intentions.

I need to start enjoying life.
Why don't you?

peace & ♥: KA

No comments: